june 8, 2019 (evening time)
Experience the wildest nightlife in the city and get to know the dark side of the park at Rouge After Dark!
ActiveDays is running a shuttle to the Rouge National Urban Park for one of their biggest events of the season!
Taken from the Rouge after Dark Event Page:
‘Join us around dusk when the campfires roar to life and the marshmallows are unleashed. Explore an illuminated forest and follow a network of glowing trails. A series of unique encounters with some of the park’s nocturnal inhabitants awaits you!
• Opening Fire Starting Competition - watch our guest experts compete! (8:00 – 8:30pm)
• Interactive drumming performance around the campfire by Toronto Drum Café (9:00pm – 9:30pm)
• Illuminated shadow puppet station and installations courtesy of Caterwaul Theatre
• Learn and listen for frog calls with the Toronto Zoo’s Adopt-a-Pond Team
• Illuminated moth ID station with guest experts
• Live owl meet-and-greet courtesy of the Mountsberg Raptor Centre
• Join experts from the Toronto Zoo and the TRCA at our bat station to learn about sonar detection and our native bat population. View a live spectrogram of the bat chatter over-head!
• Educational and interactive displays by Coyote Watch Canada, the Toronto Wildlife Centre and Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue
• Sample some campfire-side marshmallows with our Learn-to Camp team
• Meet Parka and her animal friends!
THIS ACTIVEDAYS TRIP IS ORGANIZED BY THE ACTIVEDAYS COMMUNITY. SEE ALL ACTIVEDAYS TRIPS AND JOIN US VIA OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!
7:15pm - Depart 34 Asquith Ave (near Yonge and Bloor)
8:00pm - Arrive at Rouge National Urban Park
8:00pm - 10:30pm - Take part in exciting Rouge Park Events (See schedule above)
10:45pm - Depart for Toronto
11:30pm - Estimated return to Toronto
**NOTE: This event is self guided and facilitated by Rouge staff. Please arrive back at the bus on-time! We can not wait for you.
WHAT TO BRING
Proper Footwear - please make sure to wear hiking boots that can get muddy. If it’s raining- rain boots are the way to go.
Weather appropriate clothing- Please keep an eye on the weather and be prepared for a nice warm evening or a slightly chilly one, or both!
Whatever else you need to have fun on the trail :)